Frequently Asked Questions
Our F.A.Q. is here to help answer the most commonly asked questions. If you do not find the answer you are looking for, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of design products does Scandinavian Design Center carry?
Scandinavian Design Center offers you a unique selection of Scandinavian design products. These products are based on Scandinavian origin and identity and are designed by Scandinavian designers and/or come from Scandinavian brands. Our range of products include furniture, lighting, rugs, fabrics and textiles, glass, porcelain and much more for your home interior.
How do I place an order at Scandinavian Design Center?
- Choose the category and the products that you are interested in. Choose the amount and, if applicable, the variation. Push the Add to Cart button and the product will automatically be added to your shopping cart.
- On the top right corner of the page, you will see the number of products and the total cost of your products in the shopping cart. If you would like to see your shopping cart, click the 'To checkout/view shopping cart button'.
- Once you have added all your products to the shopping cart, click the To checkout/view shopping cart button. If you would like to delete or change the quantity of products you can use the Remove or Change/Add button respectively. After that, click the Update button. When you have done this click the Start checkout button.
- In the first step of the checkout process, start with stating your name and address. It is also possible to have your order delivered to a different address than your own. Once this is done, choose the Shipping option and Payment method you prefer to use. Ensure that your personal information is correct before you click the Continue button to confirm your order.
- In the final step of the checkout process, you will receive your Order Confirmation and your Order Number. This information will also be sent to the email address that you have provided.
What methods of payment does Scandinavian Design Center accept?
Scandinavian Design Center offers several payment alternatives. We accept payments by PayPal and credit cards. We also offer money transfer to our bank account and a direct VAT deduction in case you are a corporate customer within the EU and have a valid VAT number. The money is drawn directly from your bank account when the order is approved.
Is it secure to order online at Scandinavian Design Center?
Yes, to protect you as a customer we use VeriSign Inc. unique set of encryption technologies that enable safe online transactions.
The credit card information that you submit to Scandinavian Design Center will only be handled by our payment service provider. We will never ask you to provide this information by e-mail.
Will I have to pay customs fees when ordering to Switzerland?
As of the 1st of January 2019, we are subject to VAT in Switzerland. This means that we will charge you 7.7% Swiss VAT when you place your order. This saves you the following additional costs, which are usually charged by the delivery service after delivery: Swiss VAT, customs duties for certain goods, processing fees for customs clearance.
The final price for the products is therefore already visible on the product page. While we switch to the new set up, we will unfortunately have slightly longer delivery times than usual.
We are confident that this change will make your shopping experience with us easier and more convenient.
How do I determine the shipping cost for my order?
The shipping cost for your order is calculated in the first step of the checkout process after you have chosen the destination country. The shipping cost does not include custom fees, which are charged by the customs in countries outside of the European Union.
How long is the delivery time from Scandinavian Design Center?
If the ordered items are in stock the order is usually shipped within 24 hours on working days. We offer different delivery options, depending on the country of destination. For a full list of delivery options and costs, please refer to our Shipping Information page.
What do I do if my delivery is damaged when I receive it?
If shipments with obvious damages are delivered, you are obliged to make a complaint to the transportation company immediately and to refuse the acceptance of the shipment. Please also contact our customer service so that we are able to protect our right to satisfy claims against the transportation company. Hidden damages are to be reported immediately after your notice, though no later than 5 days after receiving the shipment.
Can I exchange or return my purchase if I do not like it?
Scandinavian Design Center complies with the Swedish Konsumentköplagen and the European Union E-commerce directive. This means that you have the possibility to cancel your contract within 14 days, without providing us with a reason. Please inform us (Scand. Design Online AB, Amerikavägen 10, 393 56 Kalmar, Sweden. email@example.com, Tel: (+44 (0) 20 3002 1196) of your decision to return your product(s) by sending us a clear statement. This can be done by post or E-mail. In order to meet the 14 day cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication before the cancellation period has expired. You need to send back the goods without delay and in any event no later than 14 days from the day you communicate your cancellation to us. If you use your right to return a product, the direct cost of returning the goods, custom and handling fees will be paid by you. For more information on our Return Policy, please refer to our Terms and Conditions or our Return Policy page.
What countries does Scandinavian Design Center ship to?
We ship our products to the following countries:
Countries of the European Union, Aland, Albania, Australia, Bermuda, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Canary Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Iceland, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Macao SAR, Macedonia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Norway, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia ,Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, US Virgin Islands. To other countries on request, please contact our Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.